Excel to re-cost call usage..

vickitoria

I'm using excel at the moment to recost call usage. Calls are split by D/E/W and by the pricepoint within the tariff. So each price point (EG Calls to Turkey) would have three rates, one for each D, E, W. At the moment this is done by sorting the tariff so all D, E & W rates are together, then doing a lookup against all the D calls, one for all the E calls and one for all the W calls to bring back the relevent ppm rate. I'm thinking there must be a better way of doing this. There isn't the same number of rows in every tariff either, so theres no guarantee that all the daytimes rates would be in the same row every time.

Column J is D/E/W, H is the pricepoint (going to use NAT for my example below). What I want to do is -

J2 = D, H2 = NAT, bring back the PPM rate for NAT in column H of the "Tariff" tab which has "DAYTIME" in column K. (Or if J2 = E, H2 = NAT, bring back the PPM rate for NAT in Column H of the "Tariff" tab which has "Evening" in column K)

I'm no stranger to excel but this one is stumping me. My colleagues generally do this using a printed copy of the tariff sheet and manually inputting each rate, so I'm trying to make life a bit simpler for them before I leave in a couple of weeks...

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicky

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Vicky,

Welcome to MrExcel.
As far as I understand what you are asking, maybe something like.....

Excel 2007
HIJK
1Price PointPPMPeriod
2Italy3Daytime
3Italy2Evening
4Italy1.5Weekend
5NAT1Daytime
6NAT0.75Evening
7NAT0.25Weekend
8UK4Daytime
9UK2Evening
10UK1Weekend
Tarriff

Two options. Use the regular formula if the D, E, W rates for each price point in the tariff sheet are always going to be in D, E, W order. Or use the Array formula (Ctrl + Shift + Enter) if the tariff list is randomly sorted.

Excel 2007
HIJKLM
1Price PointPeriodPPM (Regular)PPM (Array)
2NATW0.250.25
3UKE22
4ItalyD33
5NATE0.750.75
6NATD11
Calls
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
L2=IFERROR(INDEX(Tarriff!I:I,MATCH(H2,Tarriff!H:H,0)+IF(J2="E",1,IF(J2="W",2,0))),"")
M2{=IFERROR(INDEX(Tarriff!I$2:I$10000,MATCH(H2&J2,Tarriff!H$2:H$10000&LEFT(Tarriff!K$2:K$10000,1),0)),"")}
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biglake87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back