Excel vba code to print to pdf

Stevolah

Specifically I've built a user form that will allow the user to select a host of reports (or excel tabs with defined print areas) to be printed either in hard copy via the default printer or to print to PDF and save in the respective monthly folder.

There are 2 check boxs one for hard copyand one to print to PDF (a PDF Creator printer in a hosted/Citrix cloud environment). I can't seem to correctly select the PDF printer?

I'm a self taught VBA accontant, not a programmer so please try keep it simple :) the code I'm using is as follows

Sub PrintToPDF(strSheetToPrint)

Dim strFolder As String
Dim strPathToSaveTo As String
Dim strCurrentPrinter As String
Dim svInputPS

strFolder = Range("TB_FOLDER").Offset(0, (periodx)).Value 'lookup for current month folder name
strPathToSaveTo = "S:\Finance\FY2014\CONSOLIDATED\" & strFolder & "" 'specific path to select in dialogue box
strCurrentPrinter = Application.ActivePrinter ' save the currently active printer
svInputPS = strFolder & "-" & strSheetToPrint & ".pdf" ' defines name of file to be saved

For i = 0 To 15
curNePrint = Format(i, "00")
On Error Resume Next
Application.ActivePrinter = "\\tc1-ps-ETC1\ETC_PDF Creator on wave-pdf1:" & curNePrint & ":"
Next i

Worksheets(strSheetToPrint).PrintOut PrToFileName:=svInputPS, PrintToFile:=True
ActiveSheet.PrintOut ' print the sheet1
Worksheets(strSheetToPrint).PrintOut

Application.ActivePrinter = strCurrentPrinter ' change back to the original printer

End Sub

Most of my code I find on forums like this and copy and tinker with to get it to do what I need. I keep getting an error on selecting the PDF printer...??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I have had trouble getting this .activeprinter method to work reliably, so I ended up shelling to printUI and changing the default printer to pdf creator and then shell again to revert.

Upvote 0
I've managed to get the code to call the dialogue box but I can't get the macro to populate the File location and file names?

Its using Foxit...how do I know the fields to call?

Upvote 0
I use bullzip, which is free, and I set my file name in bullzip as a default name, then rename the file to the appropriate location. that way the user does not have to worry about dialog boxes and thinking too hard. not sure if you can do the same in foxit (or can you shell the parameters to foxit?)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back