Excel won't save

Giordano Bruno

This started yesterday after un "update". If I close an unsaved workbook, I get a message on a form suggesting I save the file to a folder to the cloud. The alternative location on the form is the current folder on the hard drive. If I click "Save", the message is repeated, and the file status is "Save Failed". The workaround is to save the file and then close it without having to save. Naturaly it's more of a problem if I am using the BeforeClose event in VBA. Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know what's going on?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I'll bump this along. Despite 41 views, no one has responded. The full message is "Avoid losing changes to this file in the future by saving it to a folder backed up in the cloud instead." If I click the "More options" button on the form, I'm prompted to save it in my "Documents" folder, but that's not where it came from. I've no idea what has caused this nonsense to start. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be most grateful.

Upvote 0
This started yesterday after un "update". If I close an unsaved workbook, I get a message on a form suggesting I save the file to a folder to the cloud. The alternative location on the form is the current folder on the hard drive. If I click "Save", the message is repeated, and the file status is "Save Failed". The workaround is to save the file and then close it without having to save. Naturaly it's more of a problem if I am using the BeforeClose event in VBA. Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know what's going on?

Hey Giordano,

No idea how this started, but it's been incredibly annoying. I managed to fix this on my end - at least for now - by heading over to File > Options > Save and unchecking "Show additional places for saving, even if sign-in may be required."

I hope this helps you!

Upvote 0
Hi GlitchHawk,
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one in the whole world whose been cursed with this unnecessary harassment my Microsoft. I have tried your fix, but it didn't work for me.
Thanks for trying anyway.
BTW apologies for not responding earlier, but I didn't receive any notification of a reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back