Exchange in excel

Marcelino

Hi,

I create an excel document, where i write how much money i've paid. I write numbers in euros. My problem is, that i want a macro, whose exchange all the numbers into other currency, for example: dollars.

I want use 1 toggle button. When button is pressed all the numbers are in dollars, and when togle button is unpressed, all the numbers are in euros.

Can you help me?

...sorry for my bad english

THank you very much;)

It works great for my example, but HalfAce you are right. In my real document are lot of numbers, which aren't only in column B and there are lot of cells where are formulas too.

I can specify where are only numbers and where are formulas if you want.

Cells with numbers: B5:F35

Cells with formulas: C3:E3;H6:H17;J6:J17;L6:L13;N6:N13;O6;Q6

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Cells with numbers: B5:F35
Cells with formulas: C3:E3;H6:H17;J6:J17;L6:L13;N6:N13;O6;Q6

Well, if you're converting the cells that contain formulas then we'll have to try & change a few things in the code to retain them as formulas. (yes?)

Now since the range we're really working with is different, where is the exchange rate (originally in C10) going to be entered / found?

And which range(s) of the ones mentioned in the quote are going to get converted back & forth?

Upvote 0
Well, if you're converting the cells that contain formulas then we'll have to try & change a few things in the code to retain them as formulas. (yes?)
Yes:)

Exchange rate can be in cell S4. And numbers, which are going to get converted are in range B5:F35.

Upvote 0
Hi Marcelino,
Good new is, I think I have the code all figured out to convert fixed values and convert & retain the formulas. (I just need to set up a test Wb using all the new ranges so I can make sure it's all good before giving you something that doesn't work right.)

Bad new is I have to go for now and very likely won't be able to continue work on this until tomorrow. Hope that's not a problem.

I'll get to it first chance I get in the morning.

Upvote 0
Hi HalfAce,

Yes, it's ok, it isn't urgent;)

And i want ask you..It's possible, that formula will be active for more than one sheet in a document? (For three sheets for example, but not for all sheets)..?

Upvote 0
We have more than one sheet to do this on?
Is the layout the same on all sheets? or are you looking at different ranges on the other sheets?
Will you be running the code for one sheet at a time, or are you going to want to do all the sheets in a single execution?

Upvote 0
In my document are 7 sheets. In 6 sheets is the same layout. And in the seventh sheet are only cells, where are formulas, but it isn't finished yet, so i don't know define range of these cells.
And i want the code do all the sheets in a single execution.

Upvote 0
HalfAce,

Sorry but i have last appeal for you... Can the currencies look like "5,85 €" and "5,85 $" ? (The values of numbers are only examples)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back