Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a bunch of charts linked to excel from within powerpoint.

Can someone provide a macro that would list out the full addresses of each linked object, i.e., all of the source addresses? Printing to the immediate window is sufficient - I am just thinking that there is an improperly linked object somewhere and cannot expand the address string in the powerpoint edit links window. (See image)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you so much Domenic
You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help.

I'll try to figure out why this worked and the previous versions did not - but - alas - this worked! Thank you very much!
With the previous versions, we were checking whether the shape or placeholder contains a chart. Whereas with this version, we're checking whether the shape contains a linked worksheet object. These are two different types of objects. The latter is simply a shortcut to the file so that changes to the file will be reflected in your presentation. I know, it gets confusing. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I think the first version didn't work because it assumed the linked chart was in a placeholder. In my experience, most people just paste a chart onto a slide without regards to placeholders.

Upvote 0
I think the first version didn't work because it assumed the linked chart was in a placeholder. In my experience, most people just paste a chart onto a slide without regards to placeholders.

Actually, the first version assumed that the chart was pasted onto a slide. And the second one assumed that it was placed in a placeholder. It was the third one that worked, since the chart was inserted as a linked worksheet object.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Actually, the first version assumed that the chart was pasted onto a slide. And the second one assumed that it was placed in a placeholder. It was the third one that worked, since the chart was inserted as a linked worksheet object.

Cheers!
Oops! Guess I lost track.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kshealy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back