execute a different formula basis cell value

PrashanthKumar123

hi - I am working on a text string project.

Few sample keywords include -

IMPS OUTWARD
PURCHASE SUBJECT
INTERCITY ECS

In the below table, col A has few sample entries in my input data. Col B recognizes the string based on the above keywords. My next step is to execute a formula based on Col B cell values, i.e., a different formula for "IMPS OUTWARD", another for "PURCHASE SUBJECT and another for "INTERCITY ECS". Presently, I have a nested if to do this, but as my list of keywords increases, I worry if should look at a better way.

IMPS OUTWARD ORG UPI To XXXXXXXX6607@icic0000183.ifsc.npci,REF NO - 024519820714, UPIIMPS OUTWARDFormula for IMPS Outward
IMPS OUTWARD ORG UPI To paytmqrXXXXXXXXX1015tmy4w7ksb2r@paytm,REF NO - 024620963921, UPIIMPS OUTWARDFormula for IMPS Outward
IMPS OUTWARD ORG UPI To umakumpatla70@okhdfcbank,REF NO - 024817061778, UPIIMPS OUTWARDFormula for IMPS Outward
PURCHASE SUBJECT: MCUPOS 02SEP1156 Card no.: XXXXXXXXXX 02SEP20 115640 Innovative Retail Conc\BIGBASK Ref: 024616394551PURCHASE SUBJECTFormula for Purchase Subject
IMPS OUTWARD ORG UPI To qXXXX0411@ybl,REF NO - 024820419752, UPIIMPS OUTWARDFormula for IMPS Outward
INTERCITY ECS. PAID NACH:Paid to HDFCLTD:HDFC01651000012196:HDFC BANK LTD Refno:262549161 -HDFC BANKINTERCITY ECSFormula for Intercity ECS

Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back