Expanding a formula

Bedford

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have a formula that works fine; =IF(J9="None","0",IF(J9="Single","1",IF(J9="Double","2"))).
Now I wish to expand exponentially to return up to a "6". From "Double" continuing to "Triple","3" and so on. I've tried repeating the original parts of the formula only to find it returning an error.
My attempt that returns an error looks like; =IF(J9="None","0",IF(J9="Single","1",IF(J9="Double","2",IF(J9=”Triple”,”3”,IF(J9=”Quad”,”4”,IF(J9=”Quin”,”5”,IF(J9=”Sext”,”6”)))))))
However it returns error; #NAME?
Any help with solving this would be appreciated.
Thank you.

no, i have trouble going back to my windows 10 machine having been around macs now for a few years

switch it on and its instant available to work
free upgrades on software, never out of date , like my XP, VISTA, WIN7 machines - also had an 8.1 but that was terrible

I used to work in computers when took up floors - and then went out on my own training and fixing ........
changing to a Mac was because they seem to work well, fast , even compared with the high-spec laptops i had in the past
but ..... that often gets into all sorts of discussions .......

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
no, i have trouble going back to my windows 10 machine having been around macs now for a few years

switch it on and its instant available to work
free upgrades on software, never out of date , like my XP, VISTA, WIN7 machines - also had an 8.1 but that was terrible

I used to work in computers when took up floors - and then went out on my own training and fixing ........
changing to a Mac was because they seem to work well, fast , even compared with the high-spec laptops i had in the past
but ..... that often gets into all sorts of discussions .......
Yes, the mac vs windows discussion, highly contentious. I only wish the mac was a little less expensive, I think I paid CAD$4200 for this 15" macbook pro in 2015, now 7 years old, still very relevant.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back