Expanding, opening or zooming on a picture on a form.

dwcrockford

I have a form designed which displays a different picture depending on which record is displayed on the form. It is set up as in the main table (in this instance, "Performances") as an attachment in the table (pdf), and is displayed on the "Performances" form. It displays correctly, and changes as the records change.

Other than double-clicking the image, and selecting "open attachment" from the popup window, is there a way (code, form generation?) to set it to single-click, and open a larger view of the image without opening the attachment in the external pdf viewing program.

I'm willing to create a stand-alone form that would open displaying a larger embedded image, and assigning another "click to close" or even a button to closed the "expanded view" window/form.

Suggestions on how to do this properly (and with limited access knowledge) is appreciated.

Daryl

Boyd, I didn't download the file, but did look at the description. If this solution presents a common file dialog to choose a file or folder dialog to choose a folder, I'm not sure that serves Daryl's need.

The file dialog is only used to get the path the the file to be "attached". Not to view the file.

The example I pointed to was created to shows many different techniques together doing something very useful. I used it as a training aid a lot. I have had many pel use it to add document management capabilities to there database with no changes to the code.

The example is actual a striped done version of what is used in a many document management system by over a 1000 users daily. It is very efferent and has never had an any issues adding 1,000+ documents a week (average adding at least one per user per week). The full version used on client's projects also has drag-and-drop capabilities to add files. Select multiple files to process. For example save to a ZIP, combine multiple PDFs together, and/or email the files or a zip of the files. Plus a lot more.

For Daryl the part of the example I thought would be useful was to see is how to store the path so the files could be moved without have to run an update query to modify the data. Which may have to happen a lot. By avoiding this with my method it is always safer since there is very little chance of corrupting data.

I am not going to avoid to your comments about global variables. I do not see how a debate on the topic would be helpful at this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back