Exporting 11x17 to PDF

mitchum

Hi all,

I'm not the best when it comes to VBA and this particular issue is beyond my understanding. It's a small quirk which makes it hard to describe when searching online or in forums so I apologize if it's already been answered elsewhere.

We use a costing spreadsheet template at work. It's a tall and wide document that looks fine when you print it landscape on 11x17, scaled to fit 1 page wide by 1 page tall. It's even legible when you print it on 8.5 x 11. By default, we set it to print on our colour copier in 11x17 and that always works.

My problem is that we sometimes export the spreadsheet to PDF and send it to the president who isn't so good with computers. He then prints it himself on 11x17. Lately though it doesn't work. When we export, Acrobat shows the page size as 11x8.5, even though "Choose paper source by PDF page size" is selected. When we print it with "Choose paper source by PDF page size" selected, the copier shows an error because it's looking for 12 5/8 x 17 11/16 paper. The only way to get it to print 11x17 is to turn off "Choose paper source by PDF page size" and then go to Page setup and change it to 11x17.

What's driving me nuts is this used to work fine. We didn't even have a VBA function to export to PDF. I would just click on File --> Save & Send --> Create PDF/XPS Document and that's it. When it stopped working I decided to make a VBA function to try to force 11x17 but it still doesn't work. Here's the code I'm using:

Code:
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
    .Orientation = xlLandscape
    .Zoom = False
    .FitToPagesWide = 1
    .FitToPagesTall = 1
    .PaperSize = xlPaper11x17
End With

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat _
Type:=xlTypePDF, _
filename:=SavePath & "\" & SaveFileName & " (COSTING)", _
Quality:=xlQualityStandard, _
IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _
To:=5, _
OpenAfterPublish:=True

If I comment out Zoom, the PDF saves as 11x17, but it spreads the sheet out over more than one page. I'm sure I'm missing something really stupid and thank you in advance for the help!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back