Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have one that has stumped multiple people at my work.

I have an excel workbook that is in a sharepoint that is used by lots of people. We are having a problem with only one page out of 15 pages printing the text upside down and backwards but the format colors are correct. To make the problem more interesting if you print just that tab by its self it prints fine. If you print it with 5 of the other tabs (half) it prints fine. Its only when we want to print all 10 tabs at once we have this issue. Now some more background on the file and print types. We are using different page sizes on some of the pages. The one in question happens to be 11x17, but we are using 8.5x11 too. Some of the pages are in portrait and most of them are in landscape. I think that the work around to just print half at a time is fine but my boss does not want to mess around with that anymore. We have tried on multiple computers with the same results. We also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. I have downloaded a copy to my desktop and tried printing it "locally" rather than from the sharepoint and still the same results.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Just a workaround idea. Create a button (or whatever else you want) so that when you want to print all tabs, it splits it up into two or more print processes - making that detail that they're separate completely invisible to the end user.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure my boss would be happy with having to print something any differently than he already does. He's kinda well it should just work kinda guy. But thanks for the idea.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, building workbooks and databases using all the available tools is about one thing. Controlling the workflow to ensure a consistent and accurate result every time. Building a process, even if what drove it was a workaround, it just what we have to do sometimes. That's not to say I wouldn't want to find the true root cause, but if I couldn't quickly solve the true issue, I'd do this because I'm confident I could set up a custom printing routine quickly.

I won't post any of the links I found googling - lots and lots of backward printing suggestions. The few I scanned don't really describe the same exact issue.

Mike

Upvote 0
yeah i googled it for a while before posting here and i did the search function with in this website to see before posting. Nothing seems to be close to the same issue. The current work around we are doing works for 99% of our needs since there are 2 "sides" to the file and one person typically prints one side and another person prints the other side, The need only exists when someone mainly my boss doesn't want to hit the print button twice. Ive talked with my IT department about it and all they can tell me is that it has to be a setting in excels formatting that is causing the problem. And I've poked around all the print and page layout settings and nothing seems amiss.

Upvote 0
I will re-iterate, I don't know *this* problem, just tossing out ideas.

Re-reading your description, you dropped it to a local file and printed so that suggests sharepoint isn't a factor.
How extreme did you go with testing printers? Hardwired local only printer?

Have you tried rebuilding the tab from scratch? no shortcuts - no re-using any objects from the existing process. As much as possible freshly created.
Wildcard idea, if it's a still supported version of Excel, submitting to Microsoft?

This is pretty close to beating a dead horse, but on the controlling the printing process idea. I'm not sure what you've done previously so I'll go general.
You can create VBA code modules to duplicate anything you can do with hotkeys or menus. You can also create custom menu options that pick existing standard processes OR you can call your custom Functions. So what if you created a tab that's used to give users an easy, friendly and very readable way of setting options. It could be a box with column A being labels and column B the values associated to those labels. Could be anything like layout (portrait/landscape) - paper size, print area setting or any other setting for any steps anywhere. Not all of them have to be printing related. Your new code uses those settings. The whole thing is sold as an enhancement but it's really that and a workaround fix.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back