External references

iamphil26

Board Regular
Here's what I've got to try to do:

I have an AR Evaluation that pulls 5 numerical metrics for each product we sell. These metrics come from a form that is named CN3006R_(product abbreaviation)(example: CN3006R_CGS).

Each product has its own CSV file that is named like the example above.

I'm trying to take all of the 'charges' in the CSV files and put them in a new workbook named "Evaluation". I can use sumproduct to grab all of the "Charge" rows and all that. But I'm curious about strategies of referencing the CSV files without having to open all of them.

What I'm envisioning (and I don't know if it can happen) is that I have my "Evaluation" workbook and I can copy it into a folder (with all of the CSV files) and it looks out into the folder that it is in and grabs the right information out of all of the CSV files.

I have my "Evaluation" workbook set up in a way that I can reference the abbreviations in the title (that would change from CSV to CSV). It's also set up in a way that I can pull the right lines that I need.

Again, I just need help on how to tell it to look at the workbooks in the folder it is in and use the formula that I will come up with.

Please feel free to ask me any questions to clarify. You guys are great. I love these forums. Never disappointed. Thanks to everyone.

Phil

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back