Extract after symbols

Celticshadow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

How do extract the data using an excel formula from after each = symbol in the below.

In Cell F1 I have,

hcap=Y class=1 racetype=FLT racetype2=Listed

and in cells G1 through to j1 i require the below data

G1 - Y
H1 - 1
I1 - FLT
J1 - Listed

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Hi Kevatarvind

Your above solution works an absolute treat. Many thanks for patience and understanding it is very much appreciated, you are a credit to this forum and to yourself. Perhaps it is you whom is the master. Many thanks again.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
TRY LIKE BELOW

Excel 2010
F
G
H
I
J
hcap=Y class=1 racetype=FLT racetype2=Listed
Y
FLT
Listed

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Input

Worksheet Formulas
Cell
Formula
G1
=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE($F1," ",REPT(" ",999)),COLUMNS($F1:F1)*999-998,999)),"=",REPT(" ",99)),99))

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
It looks like someone has been following my postings... very well done kevatarvind.
clap.gif

Upvote 0
It looks like someone has been following my postings... very well done kevatarvind.
clap.gif

Yes Mr. Rick this code i have seen in your post before some few month and you have provided solution how to text to column using Formula so i found your code is very useful and i have never seen this type formula so i have noted down your formula in my mailbox

and one more thing i am not very old on this forum and not have knowledge like you so whenever i found any new type formula and code so note that code or formula

and i just want to solve new person problem so first i provided him UDF but he is only want to use formula so i have remember your formula how to text to column using formula so i just made some modification in your formula

So please sorry i used your formula

and i still learning from seeing post of you people :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So please sorry i used your formula
Oh no, please do not be sorry... I am please to see you (and others) using the methods I post. Anything I post to an open forum is intended to be used by any and all if they think it meets their needs... that includes other volunteers who are trying to help people with their problems. After all, answering questions is the most important activity taking place in this forum and it does not matter where a posted solution originates from. So, feel free to adapt any solutions I post when constructing an answer to someone else's questions, I do not mind your doing that at all.

Upvote 0
Hi Pup Denab

Many thanks for replying. Unfortunately when I enter the above formulas into the cells they all return a 0.

Kind Regards

HI Celticshadow
I see you issue has been resloved, my mistake I thought you had column heads of G1 - Y,H1 - 1,I1 - FLT,J1 - Listed, in those cells, which is where the formula finds the search term, this is why you put the formulas in the 2nd row

Upvote 0
I hope nobody has come up with this (enter into G1):

=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE($F1," ",REPT(" ",999)),"=",REPT(" ",999)),999+1998*(COLUMN(F$1)-6),999))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingjet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back