extract data from multule rows into one row based on certain criteria

bohon79

Good Morning,

Been trying to find a solution to a formula problem but unable to find it and hopefully some can help. Found this forumla online that works great for what i want it to do but for some reason puts a date (1/1/1900) in when the cell its referencing is blank with no date in it. Here is the formula:

=TOROW(FILTER($B$2:$G$496,$A$2:$A$496=A2))

What i am trying to do is take data to consolidate onto on row as is below based on data that is equal. Column A and b will always be constant but c,d,e, will change.:

1682510271753.png

and convert to

1682510371243.png

but as you can see it puts a date in when there is no date. Any help in fine tuning the formula to make sure if a date is blank and show blank would be helpful. Also if there is a way for column b to only show up once rather than everytime that would be great as well.

thank you.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=LET(a,TOROW(FILTER($B$2:$G$496,$A$2:$A$496=A2)),IF(a="","",a))

Upvote 0
Solution
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
question, does this not work over multiple sheets. it works when i use it on the same sheet but when i try to use the formula on a seperate sheet that links to the data on another sheet it comes back with a value error. tried multiple options that usually works for me but nothing.

Upvote 0
I think i figured it out while playing around. here is what i used for it to work the way i wanted it to. I took the formula that i post originally and some of yours and it worked. here is what it came out to:

=LET(a,TOROW(FILTER('HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$B$2:$G$496,'HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$A$2:$A$496=C1)),IF(a="","",a))

Upvote 0
Glad you sorted it & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
thanks again for all your help. i know certain ways to filter but the more complex is were i get lost. I have one more question. is there a way to add and additional filter to the following formula that looks in column b for a certain text between the hyphens

=UNIQUE(FILTER('HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$A$2:$A$4989,'HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$A$2:$A$4989<>""))

so if i only want to filter column a when the criteria meets a certain text. is that posible. hopefully i explained it correctly

Upvote 0
Excel Formula:
=UNIQUE(FILTER('HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$A$2:$A$4989,('HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$A$2:$A$4989<>"")*(isnumber(search("-mil-",'HCD - Awards and Recognitio...'!$B$2:$B$4989)))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back