Extract Multiple Columns

afr_070

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I exported data from software to excel. There are more than 20 columns. But need only 10 columns of them to prepare a report. Manual selection is very time consuming.

Is there any formula to do it easily?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Please see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Product Information.jpg
    Product Information.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
Get info about using CHOOSECOLUMNS then.

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
Thanks for your suggestions. I updated my account details.

Upvote 0
How about a VBA solution?
Of course, we would need a lot more details in order to help you with that.
Maybe you can post a sample of your data, and show us what you want (just be sure to remove any sensitive data first).

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
How about a VBA solution?
Of course, we would need a lot more details in order to help you with that.
Maybe you can post a sample of your data, and show us what you want (just be sure to remove any sensitive data first).

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Unfortunately, till now I am unable to add XL2BB Add-in to my excel as per the instruction found in the forum. Every time it is showing the below notifications while adding that Add-in in my excel.

Is there any solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot (66).png
    Screenshot (66).png
    132.2 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, till now I am unable to add XL2BB Add-in to my excel as per the instruction found in the forum. Every time it is showing the below notifications while adding that Add-in in my excel.

Is there any solution?
Screenshot of another notice while adding the XL2BB to my excel.

Attachments

• Screenshot (67).png
    Screenshot (67).png
    137.8 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back