EXTRACT specific text into next cell

makinmomb

I have this on cell A1

NIRO CEMENTUM 60 X 60 GCM 01 WHITE MATT

I want to extract the word 60 x 60 into cell B1

I have change NIRO CEMENTUM 60 x 60 to NIRO 60 x 60 CEMENTUM to see if MID formula can tackle the case

I am not sure what problems you think might occur... the formulas Markmzz posted in Message #17 and the formulas I posted in Message #16 should be able to handle any number of leading characters.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I am not sure what problems you think might occur... the formulas Markmzz posted in Message #17 and the formulas I posted in Message #16 should be able to handle any number of leading characters.

I am fully sorted out , just wanted to know if MID formula can handle two character sets perhaps with an if combination

Upvote 0
Plus down here its AFRICA , they won't handle seeing such a large formula ,
though as a stocker of the company I am done my end , its sort my case BEYOND FULLY

Upvote 0
I am fully sorted out , just wanted to know if MID formula can handle two character sets perhaps with an if combination

If you show us an exact example of the text you want to process, tell us where that text is (one cell, two cells) and then show us the output you want from the formula you apply to the text, someone here should be able to construct a formula that will do it.

Upvote 0
If you show us an exact example of the text you want to process, tell us where that text is (one cell, two cells) and then show us the output you want from the formula you apply to the text, someone here should be able to construct a formula that will do it.

RESULTRESULT
ROMAN 30 X 60 = COSTA BEIGE = GL63801130 X 60ROMAN = COSTA BEIGE = GL638011
ROMAN 30 X 60 = COSTA BROWN = GL63801230 X 60ROMAN = COSTA BROWN = GL638012
NIRO 60 x 60 CEMNETUM = GCM 01 WHITE MATT60 x 60NIRO CEMNETUM = GCM 01 WHITE MATT
NIRO 60 X 60 REGAL = GMR 81 LIGHT GREY60 X 60NIRO REGAL = GMR 81 LIGHT GREY
<colgroup><col width="306" style="width: 230pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 11190;"> <col width="51" style="width: 38pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1865;"> <col width="260" style="width: 195pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 9508;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Upvote 0
if formula with MID

I do not understand why you are asking for an IF formula with MID... it is not required. The formulas Markmzz posted in Message #17 do what you asked for in Message #25 directly. My formulas need minor tweaking to handle the lower case "x" you show in one of your examples (plus I added an additional change to make it not error out when A1 is blank)...

B1: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1&" X "&" ",SEARCH(" X ",A1&" X ")+3)-1)," ",REPT(" ",99)),297))

C1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,""))

Upvote 0
Perfect I can now sort huge data by tile size into seconds not minutes anymore

I was just wondering if the simple MID formula can handle this too for cell b1 if rename the system codes to as follows, the mid formula though would need to handle to cases 4 ( NIRO ) characters and 5 (GEMMA ) characters

NIRO 60 X 60 CEMENTUM = GCM 01 WHITE MATT
GEMMA 30 X 30 = MONO COLOUR IVORY

<tbody>
</tbody>

If I understand correctly what you want, maybe this can helps:

Code:
In B1

=TRIM(MID(A1,6,SEARCH("|",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","|",4))-5))

Markmzz

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back