Extracting Data from Multiple Tab to Add them to A Summary Tab

Jbgs14

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All -

I was wondering if some of you guys knew how I could do the following.

I have a workbook with the followings Tabs:
  • TAB-A;
  • TAB-B;
  • TAB-C; and
  • Summary
TAB A to C have the same table ranging from row 10 to row 30000 and column A to Column Z but the data in the tables are different and not all tables will have data in raw 10 to 30000 some may only have only a few thousands row of data some a lot more or a lot less.

What I would like to do is create a VBA button in Tab Summary that when pressed will extract the data from TAB-A B and C and add them to the table in the Summary Tab (the table in the summary tab will have the same headers as TAB-A , B and C but will summarise all the raw from TAB A B and C). I also want that button to be used as a refresh button should more row be added to TAB-A, B or C.

Never used VBA before so any help would be much appreciated if this can be done?

Thank you

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
If you upload some sample tab data, this is a relatively simple exercise for Power Query. Once set up, it will automatically update when the refresh Icon on the Data Tab is selected. It does not require any code writing. Power Query is a part of Excel for versions 2010 and later. If you update your profile to list your excel version, this will assist helpers to know how to address your issues.

Upvote 0
Hi - Thanks for your response.

My version is Version 1908. I will be using the spreadsheet with others in Microsoft online will power query still work / would VBA not be better?

See visual of Example TAB-A to C and Summary Tab attached.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Summary Tab.JPG
    Summary Tab.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 7
  • TAB-A to C.JPG
    TAB-A to C.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
I don't know about power query, but you cannot use VBA with the online version of Excel.

Upvote 0
Cannot manipulate pictures. Please use XL2BB function to upload file samples.

Upvote 0
Just did a bit of research and it appears that the On-Line version is a scaled down version of Excel to compete with Google Sheets and does not have many of the advanced features such as Power Query. You will need a desk top version of Excel no earlier than 2010 to use that feature.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back