Extracting information from multiple columns located in different workbooks to a specific worksheet in another workbook

Tyjyt

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone! I'd like to seek your expertise here as I am new to macros/VBA. I have 5 workbooks, and within each workbook, I have a number of worksheets. However, from these worksheets, I'd only require about two to four columns of data to be copied (these could be 1 - 2, 3 - 4, or, 1, 3-4, 5, they're not exactly located side by side), and pasted into a new workbook, all within a specific worksheet. In this new worksheet, I'd like for these data to be pasted after each data sets. After which, I'm planning to have an interactive dashboard to display my findings.

In short, could I request your help to provide me with the code that I could insert into VBA:
1) Extracting data from five workbooks
- Within these five workbooks, there exists a worksheet 'RawData'
- Ideally, the user could be prompted through a message box to select the required data to be extracted over to the new sheet
2) After each set of data is selected, it'll be automatically pasted below each set until the user decides that there's no more data to be copied over
- These data would fall under the same category and heading
- Code has to be able to identify LastRow, prior to pasting the new set of data to ensure there's no overlap
3) Based on the collated data, a column chart will be generated (visuals)
4) Would it be possible for me, then, to insert other charts from other workbooks (those data that I have extracted from), and collate them into a single dashboard?

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I'll appreciate this very much!

Please do let me know if you have further clarifications!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back