Fantasy football calculators

sirwishall

Newbie here, I apologize if this has been covered and/or is a stupid question:

I'm trying to set up a sheet that will allow me to enter statistics from NFL games and generate the fantasy points earned by each player.

This is not hard on the surface, but the problem is calculating the points earned for yards gained. It's 1 point for every 25 passing yards and 1 point for every 10 rushing or receiving yards, so those formulas are very simple. The problem is that fantasy points work on plateaus - You get the same number of points for gaining 10 rushing yards as you do for gaining 19 - 1 point. Same goes for passing yards, it's one point for 25-49 yards.

So I need to create a conditional formula that forces all decimals to round down.

Thank you

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Welcome to the Board!

Just use the INT formula, which takes the integer value of your calculation (division).

For example, let' say that get 1 point for every 25 yards, and the yards are being entered in cell A1. Then to calculate the points, use this formula:
=INT(A1/25)

BTW, I hope you didn't draft Peyton Manning. I almost did when he was still available in the 3rd round, but luckily someone finally drafted him before it got to me! :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back