FIFA World Cup Spreadsheet (free)

No worries mate.. I didn't know you were actually going to South Africa - that must be so cool! Are you there for the whole tournament? Didn't realise you were updating the scores yourself as I thought they might be coming from an external website. Anyway, have a fantastic time in SA, and cheers for the workbook :)

A bit low tech I know but I couldnt be sure how the scores would be displayed etc on web sites which makes it tough to o a web query so dcided to just update a page myself. I actually have a friend back home that is updating this for me so should be more timely now.

I will be seeing 7 games in all - have seen Argentina v Nigeria and Ghana v Serbia so far and the atmosphere has been excellent. Will only be seeing group games as FIFA only allow you to purchase a max 7 games.

cheers
Graham

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
You've not been tempted to shove one of those vuvuzelas where the sub doesn't shine yet? I can only hope they're less annoying when you're there than they are coming over the tv. I've taken to watching the games with the sound turned down and some tunes on.

Dom

You've not been tempted to shove one of those vuvuzelas where the sub doesn't shine yet? I can only hope they're less annoying when you're there than they are coming over the tv. I've taken to watching the games with the sound turned down and some tunes on.

Dom

I am so glad you posted that! I thought I was being a miserable sod in thinking that they were really annoying :) I can't help but think that if it annoys us viewers then what do the players think? I suppose that they have honed their ability to block out the crowd but even so....

Cheers
DK

Compared with the Scouse accent they're not too bad ;)

Dom

Hi the Vuvuzelas are extremely loud and I have been wearing ear plugs to games to reduce the pain a bit. In the pubs, on the way to the ground, in the ground and afterwards they are just incessant.

Most locals dont seem to understand why we think they are annoying, but annoying they definetly are. Its a shame as the vuvu's are just noise to me, and when you think of Africa you expect rhythm and dancing not the sound of wasps with no musical merit at all. The WC has galvanised the nation with both black and white people blowing them, and transport has improved here according to the locals which is nice but not quite what Im used to back home, but all part of the fun.

The Sth Africans are supporting all teams from Africa, not just Sth Africa which is cool. I couldnt imagine Aussies supporting NZ or visa versa if it was held down under. I actually think because of the noise it reduces the home advantage of African teams as no one can hear chanting or whistles you would normally experience for the home team.

On the news this morning they said the BBC are looking at having a feed without VuVu noise ... good luck!

That said, Im having a wonderful time and the locals have been very friendly and foreigners supporting their home teams and good natured ribbing but all friendly.

cheers,
Grahm

Some German engineer is offering a device for £2.45 that emits a sound that is supposed to be able to cancel the noise of these ridculous row machines. Just put it alongside the TV, sounds like a bargain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back