Filter date time data so I only get one data point per hour

jappi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi - data sample attached. The date time reporting intervals in column A are every 10 mins, all day, across multiple dates. My goal:

1. Create a line graph that only has an event per hour. I don't really mind what time within the hour it is, as long as its consistent. E.g. show every event at h:06m
  2. I want to filter out anything that is before 8am and after 6pm and ideally, not include Saturday or Sunday but the latter is a nice to have which I could manage manually if need be
  3. I can then select which of the columns from B onwards I want to show in the line graphs
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 3.07.16 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 3.07.16 pm.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
what version of excel do you have? please display this on your profile button, by updating your profile.
How are you breaking ties? What if there is no value at exactly an "00:06:00" (or whichever minute interval) you want?

Is this a question on an excel competency exam?

Upvote 0
what version of excel do you have? please display this on your profile button, by updating your profile.
How are you breaking ties? What if there is no value at exactly an "00:06:00" (or whichever minute interval) you want?
I'm on Mac v16.81 (profile updated). Not sure what you mean by "breaking ties". The intervals are set, there should always be an event at each interval. Thanks

Upvote 0
What version of excel???
and your data seems to already be filtered at 00:06:00 intervals then.

Upvote 0
What version of excel???
and your data seems to already be filtered at 00:06:00 intervals then.
As per above, excel version is 365 for Mac v16.81. This is all it says for my version.

Yes, data is already filtered at10min intervals but I want to filter it to show only one interval per hour. e.g. 1/3/2024 8:06:00 am, 1/3/2024 9:06:00 am, 1/3/2024 10:06:00 am and so on.....

Upvote 0
Can you post the sample data using the XL2BB?

Upvote 0
Can you post the sample data using the XL2BB?
Thanks. I downloaded the plugin and I can see it in my Excel menu but when I click on the icon, nothing happens. Any suggestions please? See image
Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 4.23.49 pm.png

Upvote 0
Seriously?.
We are just asking you to include your version (365) in your account details so that it is always visible to your helpers - like this.

1710484008082.png

Click your user name at the top right of the forum, then ‘Account details', update the details & don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’

I downloaded the plugin and I can see it in my Excel menu but when I click on the icon, nothing happens.
Have a look through this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back