Filter from data across numerous sheets in googlesheets

TheSubject

Hi All,

I had some great help with a sheets file for logging petty cash receipts for the bar I manage, in which I have a page per month and log various data from receipts for purchases.

I'm now building a "Front Sheet" for it and realised it would be very helpful if I could have a weekly view, with a drop down data validation to select weeks by week number, e.g. week 1, week 2.

I was planning on using the Filter function but can't seem to work out how to make it view data from multiple sheets. There's 12 sheets to look through, jan-dec, but obviously week 1 will be in Jan, week 50 in December and of course some weeks straddle months. The layout of the 12 sheets are identical, everything is dated and I have added a column that returns the weeknumber in column I from the date in column A.

Is there a way to make a filter function on the 13th sheet look across all 12 to give me all the data in a given week, regardless of the month that week falls in?

Thank you all for any help you can give me

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back