FILTER Function Doesn't Display Formatting

diderooy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a large worksheet (about 25MB on its own) of a table with 60k rows of data; certain columns in the worksheet have manually modified formatting (blue/red text, bold/italics) that is not subject to any sort of conditional formatting.

I created another sheet to arrange the data a little more pleasantly, hoping I could just build a simple macro to display a group's data without having to filter and unfilter every time. I used the FILTER function to display it (**** is that a slick formula!). However, it is not showing the manual cell formatting; everything is like plain text. Is there a way to make the second sheet table (using the FILTER function) display with the formatting used on the first shee's table?

My version:
1712867884078.png

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Is there a way to make the second sheet table (using the FILTER function) display with the formatting used on the first shee's table?
To best of my knowledge that is a limitation with Filter Function so far.

Only way is use Format painter or better Copy and Paste Formats Only using paste Special to the entire Filtered Columns. This way It might (shall) copy and paste Conditional Format rules too. Most times such (coppied) Conditional Format rules and work well and at time behave clumsy and need to be re-addressed.

Upvote 0
Thanks very much! I was afraid that was the case, but couldn't find any other complaints like this...surprising to me that the FILTER function isn't more popular (though I guess maybe that's one reason why.

Upvote 0
No functions will return the format of a cell, they just return the value of the cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back