Filter people by skills?

Jamieneedshelp

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi.

I have a spreadsheet like the below.

Each of the staff in column A teach subjects, some the same, some different. When plotting what they're each teachig each day below the date columns id like to be able to filter their names by what subjects they teach.

So if on the 2nd April I'm looking for a french teacher I can see my options. If that all makes sense?

Screenshot_20240124-174843.png

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Is this an excel workbook?

where are the subjects in your workbook?

Mr. Excel has a tool called xl2bb add in, please use that to post a mini worksheet of your data.

Thank in advance.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I would create a tab or the data in any way that you could advise enables me to filter the column above.

For examples sake it might show Jane teaches french and German. Fred - German and Italian. Dan - Italian and Spanish

Upvote 0
Are you asking for a drop down based upon the name to the left?

Please post some sample data and a sample output. If you have data validation, please describe or post an image of the DV editor.

Upvote 0
No a filter that has the subjects I can select from above the name column. Once I've selected the subjects it shows me only the people's names in that column that can teach those subjects

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm a real novice and the trainer list I have numbers in the 20s and they all teach numerous subjects. I want to be a be able to say I need a french teacher for the 4th April. So somehow have attached to that column their skills in some hidden manor

Upvote 0
Are you open to other ways to get your excel solution?

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm a real novice and the trainer list I have numbers in the 20s and they all teach numerous subjects. I want to be a be able to say I need a french teacher for the 4th April. So somehow have attached to that column their skills in some hidden manor
Are you open to other ways to get your excel solution?
Absolutely

Upvote 0

Absolutely

Okay, try this: (I"ll post a shared link to the file below as well)

1706121513769.png

Here is a link: (MS One Drive)

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back