Final VBA command to rename, change file type and save will not run

Gordon32114

I have had an ongoing issue with Excel that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

Each month I am tasked with parsing out reports for our clients from one main Excel file (the file contains VBA code which runs later in the process). I have a batch file that copies the main file into multiple files renamed with the individual customer names.

I am then to open the individual files and the VBA code takes over upon opening. The VBA code breaks out and deletes any line items that don’t match the file name so I am left with only data pertinent to each client.

When I perform this task the VBA runs correctly until it reaches the line instructing it to rename the file / change from a .XLSM to .XLSX format and save the file to my departments network folder.

When it reaches this final step it just stops. In order to complete the process I have been manually renaming the files and saving in an “.XLSX” format.

When others on my team open these same files they run correctly, I am the only one having an issue so it’s not the VBA code.

Yesterday a coworker and I discovered that if I manually walk down through the VBA using the “F8” button the code actually works. It performs the final task of renaming, changing the type and saving to the network folder.

We have compared my Excel settings to that of my coworker and are unable to find where anything is different. Does anyone have an idea of why this might be happening? I would think it almost has to be a setting on my laptop somewhere.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Google "vba phantom breakpoint" and see if it fits your symptoms.

Upvote 0
Another approach might be to retype that portion of the macro you are referring to.

I have found that Excel will, for an unknown reason, corrupt macro code for no reason ... and there is no way of telling it is corrupted simply by looking at it.

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back