'Find' already wanting to look for something

Von Pookie

MrExcel MVP
This is something *I've* never seen before, but not sure if anyone else has come across this.

For some reason lately whenever I use Ctrl+F to open the Find dialog, there is already something in the 'find what' box. It is always the number 211.

I didn't notice this until this week, but it happens with any workbook--even a blank one with no macros/data anywhere. Also, there is nothing in the personal workbook that would be doing this. The only Workbook_Open macro I have is to make sure the task pane comes up when I start Excel, and no personal.xls macros have anything to do with searching/finding.

Any ideas on why this is happening? If I can't get rid of it, I guess it's not that big of a deal as I can just type over it when I bring up the box (which is what I've been doing). I'm just finding the whole thing rather odd.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Thanks Kristy, I totally forgot I installed that. I never use those commercial add-ins but I did install that one last year and will just uninstall it altogether.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back