Find day of the week next year

info overload

Hello all,

I am building a sheet where I am comparing sales to the same day of the week between years and account for leap year. So in the same row I need the Mondays to line up. "=Cell+365" doesn't work for either of my requirements.

In my research I found this formula: =DATE(YEAR(B7)-1,MONTH(B7),DAY(B7))+WEEKDAY(B7)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(B7)-1,MONTH(B7),DAY(B7))) it figures the previous year and rearranging the formula it is so close but it screws up the leap year as you can see in my example.

Any advise from the excel wizards?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• excel help.png
    excel help.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 20

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Isn't it the same as =B7+364 ?

This is where you eat crow and admit some times you have a brain fart. I tried to prove your statement right and you are indeed correct. I looked back at my original post and discovered my error is =cell+365. I was so focused on the problem the solution evaded me.

Upvote 0
Hah, just did what I should have done first, which was to look at the screen shot. I was really off on a tangent.

No! Seriously, I really did enjoy seeing what came out of your formulas. I have been working on this problem for a few days but keep getting side tracked going..."Look what I did!...Squirrel!...Ohh shiny! "

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back