Find MAX value in multiple dynamic ranges

wdgor

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to do a check to see if the user enters a date for the children, in the "Target Completion Date", that is greater than the target date of the parent ("Issue No." that is a whole number represents the parent) - the children have a decimal number in the "Issue No." field and the row is colored. The problem is that there is a variable number of potential children and those can happen with any parent, i.e. there may be no children, 1 child, 2 children, 20 children or X Children. I have a formula =COUNT(IF(MOD($4$1:$a$1000,1),A1:A1000)) that will give me a total count of the decimal entries. I can do a MAX value from that but how can I do a MAX value only looking at each parent and associated child or children? Thanks for any assistance.

1654280045544.png

The users are aggressively using the sheet and, so far, no complaints and it is producing the desired organization of information and metrics.
Thanks again for your help and patience.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
They are both client services and development staff. We are using the sheet to both track their tasks and do captivity planning. The Master Worksheet feeds a number of tabs that do capacity metrics and task metrics. It is proving useful to determine how work needs to be distributed and who has bandwidth and who is saturated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back