Find/Replace Over Multiple Worksheets - Suggestions

Maureen5433

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Have a new project that will be ongoing and am hoping to get some suggestions for streamlining. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets. Basically I need to search for a value in Col C on each worksheet and then when found, I need to replace the value found in the corresponding row but in Col F. If it was straight find/replace I know how to search multiple worksheets at same time but I am trying to figure out best way to do the replacement in Col F.

This is just the first one of these - I have 27 more workbooks all with multiple worksheets that need to be searched and I have hundreds and hundreds of replacements that need to be done. Hoping to streamline a bit so don't have to do so much of manually.

I greatly appreciate any thoughts/input.

Regards,
Maureen

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Re: Find/Replace Over Multiple Worksheets in Diff Column - Suggestions

I should note that the replacement value willl always be the same for all instances of a value in a workbook - for example if I am looking for the value "1996" in Col C on all worksheets in the workbook, wherever it is found, I need to replace the value in Col F for that row with "$2.23" on all the worksheets where it occurs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back