Finding and moving data between worksheets based on dynamic variables

Talfryn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings,

Been scratching my head over this, and while I've found many examples of code which copy and paste data between worksheets, I'm struggling to adapt it to what I want it to do. The last time I did any real VBA coding was in college about 17 years ago so I'm kinda jumping in the deep end here and while I can understand small snippets, most of the code I've looked at over the past few days is going over my head.

So far, I have vlookups in the cells to the left and right of F3 which return data on the serial number entered into F3. Right now we can see the s/n 1234ABCD is located on the sheet "In", has a part number of "AB", a status of "Bad" etc.

In essence, what I'd like to have is a button that will move that serial number and its corresponding data into a different sheet based on a drop-down list that will be in H7. For example, if H7 contains "WIP" the button will move that row of data into "WIP" and delete it from "In"

Here are screenshots of the "Main" sheet where I want the button and the "In" sheet where the data is located.
M1.png
M2.png

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I've had some time to play around with it and the move function is working perfectly so thank you again. Although, could I ask that you do remove the serial number drop down as this workbook will grow to contain hundreds, possibly thousands of items given enough time. The worksheet drop down is a good idea though, there aren't too many sheets and will save users from getting errors if there's a typo.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Thank you so much, seems to be working perfectly so far. I'm sure I'll be back with another thread as I develop this spreadsheet more but for now you've done exactly what I needed.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the follow-up. If you want additional assistance from me then use this same thread unless your need is significantly different.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back