Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I need your help on the following excel file
Attached is the link to the excel file

I need the following things to be done on this excel sheet and seek your kind consideration
  • There is an achievement percentage written in row 3
  • If a person has achieved say in cell C5 25% I want the evaluator to put "Y" in D5 and subsequent E6,F6, and D6 become blank or cannot be populated
  • This is to be continued so on and so forth in all the marked cells till row 29
  • Then I am wondering that after I have "Y" for say in column D I can get a count of all using COUNTIF.
  • What I am not able to understand is how to give a final score

I am very confused
My confusion is that if say the evaluator give "5 Y" in column D which is 25% achievement and so and so forth how do I calculate the total percentage of achievement. There are total 21 parameters according to which a person is to be evaluated.

Please let me know how do I get an average overall percentage of achievement considering the column D, column E, column F, column G
Will it be a weighted average
Please guide

Anu

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi Anu,
If I correctly understand your scoring system then an overall score would relate to the number of time each score was given out of a total score available.
So if you have 21 criteria with a score of 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% based on the position of the Y, and if each criteria is equally weighted then you'd want to take the number of Y's in column D x 25% then divide by 21 for the number available.
Excel Formula:
=(countif(D5:D29,"Y")*0.25 + countif(E5:E29,"Y")*0.5 +countif(F5:F29,"Y")*0.75 +countif(G5:G29,"Y") )/21
So to check the logic, if you scored 100% for each of 21 criteria, you'd get 21/21 =100%. If you got all 25% options you'd have 21*0.25/21 = 25%
So yes a weighted average.
As for locking the other cells in a row after entering a Y, that's more of a macro. You could add an error message per row that showed if the count of "Y" was >1 for the row.
Hope this helps

Upvote 1
Hi Anu,
If I correctly understand your scoring system then an overall score would relate to the number of time each score was given out of a total score available.
So if you have 21 criteria with a score of 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% based on the position of the Y, and if each criteria is equally weighted then you'd want to take the number of Y's in column D x 25% then divide by 21 for the number available.
Excel Formula:
=(countif(D5:D29,"Y")*0.25 + countif(E5:E29,"Y")*0.5 +countif(F5:F29,"Y")*0.75 +countif(G5:G29,"Y") )/21
So to check the logic, if you scored 100% for each of 21 criteria, you'd get 21/21 =100%. If you got all 25% options you'd have 21*0.25/21 = 25%
So yes a weighted average.
As for locking the other cells in a row after entering a Y, that's more of a macro. You could add an error message per row that showed if the count of "Y" was >1 for the row.
Hope this helps

Thank you Sir

I have no idea how to do this can u please help me out

Regards

Anu

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back