Floating picture - stationary with scroll, moves out of way

Rod684

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here so please be gentle.

I am attempting to insert a picture (text box is acceptable) that remains within the active worksheet view whilst scrolling, but can also move away from active cells when tabbing through the sheet. The picture is a legend and I would like to have it always within view no matter where you are on the spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Great Code.
I am trying to modify it to keep a chart in a specific location as the sheet scrolls but keep getting the error "Object doesn't support property or method". I have tried using it as a procedure and call the procedure from the sheet event and it almost works. I only get a thin black line that moves to the prescribed location upon a new selection. It only works when I use the Shapes object but not the ChartObject or Charts. Could the thin black line be the chart, but the size is screwy? If so, why does the original chart still remain? Any help, This seem like it will be a cool feature if i can get it to work.

Thanks

I changed ActiveSheet.Pictures(1) into ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) and it worked right away.

Upvote 0
Can we float 2 picture by "image file file name" in a sheet one in Upper middle and another in upper RHS ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back