Forcasting with Excel

DocRogers

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My boss wants me to create a spreadsheet that shows inventory sold and what the percentage of each size sold. He also wants the inventory on hand for those same items and what percentage of size's we have. He needs this so he can decide what to buy on the next purchase order to keep the percentages correct. Is there any way to make a spreadsheet using this info that can automatically forecast what needs to be bought to keep the percent of inventory in line with the percent of sales by size? I hope that I have worded this correctly but if not let me know and I can provide additional info. Thank you

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
For a visual look (rough estimate no hard numbers) you can graph it and add a trendline, then play with the forecast units option. For hard numbers you'll have to enter the formulas Excel uses to create trend lines, which can be difficult depending on your Excel skills.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back