Force Date Format

xaikus506

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am figuring out a way to make the column b of this worksheet be a Date Format. I tried using custom formatting but no good. You help is appreciated thanks!

1670999638888.png

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
What is your column B' formula ?
Or column B only number in it without any formula, ex "=TEXT(XXX, 0)".

Upvote 0
What is your column B' formula ?
Or column B only number in it without any formula, ex "=TEXT(XXX, 0)".
Hi, HongRu my formula for B is the spilled array from A6. I tried using text though I am not sure where to put it

1671005575016.png

Upvote 0
It's the Trim function that is causing the problem, as that returns text. Can you get rid of it?

Upvote 0
It's the Trim function that is causing the problem, as that returns text. Can you get rid of it?
Hi I Tried it and it works Thank you!, By the way, I would like to ask if there a way to exclusively add a function to a specific column when dealing with spilled arrays like this like trim only the values in the spilled Array in A:A?

Upvote 0
Can you post the formula you are using, rather than just an image.

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff my apoligies, this is the formula I am using:

Note: (this file and the connected file is placed in a SharePoint site I need to download it locally for the XL2bb addin to work:

Dashboard (1).xlsx
ABCD
6Name of AnalystDate of ProcessNumber of ErrorsSubtasks
7 Azuelo, Chad12/22/20211CoReqGUO: 21-12-21
8 Azuelo, Chad01/07/20221CIBCChildVendor: 21-12-01
Dashboard (2)
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A6:D6494A6=IF(OR($B$2="",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("all",$B$2))),VSTACK({"Name of Analyst","Date of Process","Number of Errors","Subtasks"}, CHOOSECOLS(SORT(SORT(FILTER('Error Logs Consolidated'!B:H, (ISERROR(SEARCH("Analyst*",'Error Logs Consolidated'!D:D))* ('Error Logs Consolidated'!D:D<>0))* (ISERROR(SEARCH("0",'Error Logs Consolidated'!B:B)))),2,1),3,1),{3,2,5,4})),"")
Dynamic array formulas.

and is connected to:

Dashboard (1).xlsx
ABCDEFGH
1January 2022001/00/190000000
1744585Amora, Jhalifel01/11/2022Azuelo, Chad MarvinBlackRockQ42021: 21-12-227DoneADe
2644587Amora, Jhalifel01/13/2022Azuelo, Chad MarvinBlackRockQ42021: 21-12-221Done ADe
7144613Amora, Jhalifel02/17/2022Azuelo, Chad MarvinBLK: EDy 2202103Done ADe
8444620Amora, Jhalifel02/24/2022Azuelo, Chad MarvinBLK: JMa 2202162Done ADe
Error Logs Consolidated
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A1:H7053A1=VSTACK( TAKE(('C:\Users\JohnLesleeMacaldo\Downloads\[Consolidated Data.xlsx]ErrorLogs'!$A:$H),COUNTA('C:\Users\JohnLesleeMacaldo\Downloads\[Consolidated Data.xlsx]ErrorLogs'!$A:$A)), TAKE(('C:\Users\JohnLesleeMacaldo\Downloads\[Consolidated Data.xlsx]ErrorLogs2'!$A:$H),COUNTA('C:\Users\JohnLesleeMacaldo\Downloads\[Consolidated Data.xlsx]ErrorLogs2'!$A:$A)))
Dynamic array formulas.

Thanks for helping me

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, how about
Excel Formula:
=LET(x,IF(OR($B$2="",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("all",$B$2))),
CHOOSECOLS(FILTER('Error Logs Consolidated'!B:H,
(ISERROR(SEARCH("Analyst*",'Error Logs Consolidated'!D:D))*
('Error Logs Consolidated'!D:D<>0))*
(ISERROR(SEARCH("0",'Error Logs Consolidated'!B:B)))),{3,2,5,4}),""),VSTACK({"Name of Analyst","Date of Process","Number of Errors","Subtasks"},SORT(HSTACK(TRIM(TAKE(x,,1)),DROP(x,,1)),{3,2})))

Upvote 0
Solution
I only skimmed this, but didn't find any reference to DATEVALUE which uses Text to deliver a Date Serial Number as in
Excel Formula:
=DATEVALUE("12/15/22")
which delivers a value of 44910 which in Date format is12/15/2022.

Just sayin'!

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, how about
Excel Formula:
=LET(x,IF(OR($B$2="",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("all",$B$2))),
CHOOSECOLS(FILTER('Error Logs Consolidated'!B:H,
(ISERROR(SEARCH("Analyst*",'Error Logs Consolidated'!D:D))*
('Error Logs Consolidated'!D:D<>0))*
(ISERROR(SEARCH("0",'Error Logs Consolidated'!B:B)))),{3,2,5,4}),""),VSTACK({"Name of Analyst","Date of Process","Number of Errors","Subtasks"},SORT(HSTACK(TRIM(TAKE(x,,1)),DROP(x,,1)),{3,2})))
Hi Fluff, I tried your formula it works like a charm, Thanks!. Though I have a question what if I want to add certain functions on a spilled array like Adding Trim in Column B,C and D as well? I tried modifying the Take and Drop Values by 2,3 & 4 and I got an Error.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back