Formatting cells for navigational degrees

imdg69

I am conducting site audits which require GPS readings to be taken and placed in Excel 2000 cells. No one I've spoken with knows how to have the numbers displayed with the degree character. Can this be done, and if so, how?

Can anyone help make this spreadsheet look more professional than just double spacing before the hours numbers?

Thanks

Your laptop lacks a numeric keypad? Even if you hit some funky key combo that makes some of the alphanumeric keys function like a keypad? I haven't consciously noticed a laptop that doesn't have this future.

As for copying and pasting into the type field I don't understand. It worked for me on two machines.

Lastly, if you really can't enter the degree symbol using Alt, you can always find it in the Character Map under System Tools. System Tools can be found under Accessories from your Start button (Accessories is under Programs).

Lastly, you can go to a desktop machine. Perform the solution. Save the file and tranfer it to your laptop.

g-

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back