Formatting data series for chart created via Slicer and Pivot Table

RodneyW

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a chart I've created using a pivot table and a slicer. The data series represents each month of the year with a final data series representing a "goal" we're trying to achieve. Each column in the chart is currently blue. I can choose the first data series which represents the Goal and change the color, let's say I changed it to green. So far so good. However, if I choose a different option in my slicer, the data series reverts to blue as opposed to staying green. The slicer impacts about 20 charts and I have about 10 slicers, a total of about 200 charts so it's a lot of work to do it manually.

Is there a way to easily do this?

If it helps, this data series will always be named "Goal" and will always be the first in line.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You can change your style pallet so that the pallet used is using the colors your desire, and you can make your own custom color pallet.
This YouTube tutorial may be helpful:

Upvote 0
You can change your style pallet so that the pallet used is using the colors your desire, and you can make your own custom color pallet.
This YouTube tutorial may be helpful:

This is very interesting as well as valuable but it doesn't help me with the specific task I have in front of me. It will set a template that affects the entire chart. I'm trying to find a way so that all data series will be one color, with the exception of the first data series, which will be a different color. I can do that manually, but it doesn't stick when I use the slicer to look at different data.

Thanks again for the video, but I still have my issue.

Upvote 0
Make the first color of your pallette RED and the next 9 colors all BLUE.

Upvote 0
Make the first color of your pallette RED and the next 9 colors all BLUE.
I will try that in the morning. It's Valentines Day and my wife is wanting to celebrate. Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
So I walked through the video and it doesn't accomplish what I need. My first data series reflects a "goal" and the next 12 are each month, Jan - Dec. I want "goal" to be one color and the remaining 12 months to be a second color. Following the video above, whatever I select as accent 1 impacts all 13 columns. It affects the first set of data for each series. On the other hand, lets say "goal" had two data points, one for the first half of the year and one for the second half of the year. Likewise, each of the 12 months would have two data points. If that was the case, then accent 1 would apply to the first data point for each month and accent 2 would apply to the second. That's not what I need. In my sheet, each data series only has one data point. I need the first data series to be one color and the remaining 12 data points, one for each month, to be a second color.

Thanks for your continued help.

Upvote 0
Maybe there is a VBA solution to what you want. I'm not a VBA expert hopefully another forum member can chime in with a suggestion.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back