Formatting Date in Excel Footer

lzweifel

Board Regular
Hello, I did come across a very old thread that spoke of this but was unable to find it exactly as I am looking for. I would like to format my date in the footer to read... Printed: Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Thank you so much for any help, it is very much appreciated!

You can go into the Custom Footer Section, and change the style any way you like (of course, you can also avoid the VBA code altogether and go in there and type in anything your want too).

Just note one thing that I should have mentioned earlier. When you run this code, it will put in the current date, but hard-code it. It will NOT be a dynamic date field that changes automatically like the TODAY funcition. Of course, you could run the VBA code again to update it.

If this is something where you ALWAYS want the footer to show the current date, even if you re-open the file next the next day, week, etc, we could put the VBA code in the Workbook_Open event, which run automatically whenever the file is open (as long as they enable VBA code).

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
You can go into the Custom Footer Section, and change the style any way you like (of course, you can also avoid the VBA code altogether and go in there and type in anything your want too).

Just note one thing that I should have mentioned earlier. When you run this code, it will put in the current date, but hard-code it. It will NOT be a dynamic date field that changes automatically like the TODAY funcition. Of course, you could run the VBA code again to update it.

If this is something where you ALWAYS want the footer to show the current date, even if you re-open the file next the next day, week, etc, we could put the VBA code in the Workbook_Open event, which run automatically whenever the file is open (as long as they enable VBA code).
What I am looking for is the time and date printed. I have the time on the left, date in the middle and pages to the right. But this is not something that the user will be friendly with, so I want it to work each time the file is opened and printed.

Upvote 0
OK, you could the code in the "Workbook_BeforePrint" event, which is VBA code that will run automatically whenever they go to print, as long as they have enabled VBA code in that workbook.

So, this code need to go specifically in the "ThisWorkbook" module in VBA. It will NOT work if you place it in any other module.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = "Printed: " & Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm d, yyyy")
End Sub

If you want to add other things (you mentioned time in your last post, though your original post did not mention time), or change the formatting, that can be done in the VBA code too, though the formatting part gets kind of messy, so we would need to know EXACTLY what formatting you are trying to apply.

Upvote 0
Its okay... the VBA makes it messy, and it isn't that important. So I will just use a regular date. What you provided worked perfectly, just didn't accept the style formatting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back