Formula for finding the last Saved As Date

larry1999

My workbook has 5 worksheets in it. The first is A summary page and the other sheets have data. I'm trying to find a formula that I can put on my summery sheet that will cause the computer to determine the date that the last "Save As" occurred and put that date in a cell on the summary sheet.
For security reasons, I am not able to use macros or the Visual Basic Editor either. They are blocked on our network. So, I'm stuck looking for a formula to do the job.

In other words, I need the date that shows when the workbook was updated last. I assumed that would be the Saved As date.
All suggestions would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Larry, welcome to the board!

I do not believe this is possible. Afaik, you must use VBA for that.

On a side not, can I ask why VBA is blocked on your network? That sounds utterly ridiculous to me.

Upvote 0
Hi, the IT Nazi's strike again. :)

I would be tempted to say to them that "you have removed the functionality so obviously you are going to fix the problem for me arent you?".

Can you install addins? If so some code could be written to create a custom function to obtain the details.

Alternatively there may be an XL4Macro that can do it. Have a look at the help file in Paddy's link in this thread http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=21312&highlight=xl4+macro.

Unfortunately MY work wont allow downloads of exe's so I cant tell you myself. :LOL: :devilish:

Maybe you can have a look Zack?

Upvote 0
parry said:
Maybe you can have a look Zack?

Already did!! :p

I don't think you can do that, and I didn't see it anywhere. I think the only way to access the majority of the workbook properties is through VBA. I agree about the add-in. VBA functionality can be easily achieved with such a route.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for responding. It looks like I'll just have to ask that the last person using the workbook, enter the date they saved it. :(

Upvote 0
Fwiw, I'd tell your IT department that they're retarded. The amount of flexibility and added functionality added by VBA is almost unsurpassed. In my typical workday, I'll use VBA more than I will regular Excel. I've automated so many of my tasks, I get done three times as much work as I used to (compared to pre-VBA).

But look over the link that parry has provided. There are many useful functions you can use the the Excel4Macros. The GET.DOCUMENT and GET.WORKBOOK functions have many that are very close to what you want. They are a great alternative to some macro functions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back