Formula for returning and rounding values based on cell values.

SteynBS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day guys,

I have a difficult formula that I need for a project. Not sure what to name the formula or the project.

I have order qty's in Column B that has to order in the order qtys' provided by a supplier. But the order qty's differ from supplier to supplier.

For now the variables. C01 qty profile is in Column R, SP01 qty profile is in Column Q and SHP0 qty profile is in Column P. but if the Profile is SP01 it has to look for the profile qty in Column P first. If there is a qty that should be used. If Column P is = to zero the qty in Column Q is needed.

Row 106 as example. The Profile needed is C01. The order qty is 2, which is less than what the suppliers needs. We need to order min of 12 or multiple of 12's so this is less than 12 so the Order Check should be 12. If the order qty was 15 it should order in multiples of 12 so in other words the order check must be 24.

Row 157 as Example. SHP0 is the required profile. The profile qty is 2, the order is 2 so the Order Check should remain 2. If the order Qty was 3, the order check should have been 4.

If Column P,Q,R is "0" or blank the order check should be the same as the order qty. There are other Order Profile such as SPH08 etc. they can be ignored, same value as in Column B should be in Column C.

1667551458951.png

Here is another set of data that is in the same table as above with different Order Profile

The order Check (C) should be equal to the Value in column Z if the order value is less than in Column Z, but if the order is more than the Value in Column Z, we have to order in multiples of it.

Row 268 as example. Order qty "B" is 1, the profile indicates no less than 10 units "z" so we should order 10. If "B" was 15 we should order 20

Row 284 as example. Order qty is 3064, the profile indicates units of 1000. So we have to order 4000. in this instance I would round it to 3000 as 64 units nothing, but consider row 285 I would round it up to 3000.

Is there any formula we can use to assist us with this. Its more than 30 000 rows of data, to do it 1 by 1 will take us an eternity. Thank you in advance.

1667552156173.png

Grrrr...
In both the formulas of my previous message there is a regression:
-modify the portion IF(ISNUMBER(ZVal),ZVal,etc etc to IF(ISNUMBER(--ZVal),--ZVal,etc etc

Yes, #DIV/0! is due to missing information in the appropriate columns; correct the columns and the error will disappear; or use IFERROR to hide it (but I don't think it's wise to hide it)
Anthony,

It works - Thank you for your time and assistance. I can't thank you enough for your help. May you be blessed for your kindness.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back