Value Return if less than Zero

notyours07

Office Version
  1. 365
Below is an example of an analysis Table. There is a formula under the Currently On Order column (X) that returns a value from Qty Remaining column (I) in worksheet 'PO Items Data'.

The formula is a follows:
=IF(ISBLANK([@Description])," ",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(SUBSTITUTE(B3,"(ALT) ",""),POTable[#Data],9,FALSE), "0"))

The issue I am having is that the returning value is only for the first occurrence of any one matching Part Number, i.e. Part Number 1A in 'PO Items Data' worksheet has 3 occurrences of ZERO, ZERO, and ONE.

I would prefer the formula to return a total value for all Qty Remaining (I) when the Qty Fulfilled (H) is less than the Qty PO (G).
I am unsure how to insert =IF(H2<G2,I2,"0") in the current formula.

Any suggestions are a great help.

1672329745312.png

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I didn't understand the connection between the two calculations. They seem to be different subjects?

Upvote 0
I didn't understand the connection between the two calculations. They seem to be different subjects?
I would like to total the Quantity Remaining for each time the Part Number shows up on the 'PO Items Data' worksheet. And I want that total to show in column (W) on my initial image above.

1672407662739.png

Upvote 0
Are you looking for something like this? HBUC Sparing W2:
Excel Formula:
=IF(H2<G2,SUMIF("PO Items Data"!$A:$A,A2,"PO Items Data"!$I:$I),0)

Upvote 0
Are you looking for something like this? HBUC Sparing W2:
Excel Formula:
=IF(H2<G2,SUMIF("PO Items Data"!$A:$A,A2,"PO Items Data"!$I:$I),0)
Sorry no, it doesn't seem to work.
I'd really like to keep as much of the original formal as possible, I'm afraid I may have oversimplified the example image.
The original formula is:
=IF(ISBLANK([@Description])," ",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(SUBSTITUTE(B3,"(ALT) ",""),POTable[#Data],9,FALSE), "0"))

I thought there would be a way to modify the ...POTable[#Data],9,FALSE), "0")) portion with the sum of worksheet 'PO Items Data' column (I) while still referencing a the table.

Upvote 0
Ahh, sorry it should be single quotation. I see your point but I can't think of any way to make it work with VLOOKUP.
Excel Formula:
=IF(H2<G2,SUMIF('PO Items Data'!$A:$A,A2,'PO Items Data'!$I:$I),0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back