slinky192001

Board Regular
Hello

I have some fields in a spreadsheet:

I2 - Numbers
BT2 - Names
AX2 - Names
CV2 - Numbers (Seconds)

I have written a formula to say that if the number in I2 is less than 1 and the names in BT2 and AX2 are the same and the CV2 is less than 3601 then Yes otherwise No which looks like this:

=IF((AND(I2<1,BT2=AX2,CV2<3601)),"Yes","No")

I need to change this to say that the names in BT2 and AX2 can be the same or the name in BT2 can be one of the following 2 names:

Paul Fisher
Darren Smith
Paul Turner

So keeping all criteria in the original formula i need to add a bit that says or if the names in BT2 are one of the above then Yes.

Hope this is making sense.

Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Try

=IF((AND(I2<1,OR(BT2=AX2,ISNUMBER(MATCH(BT2,{"Paul Fisher","Darren Smith","Paul Turner"},0))),CV2<3601)),"Yes","No")

Upvote 0
Try:

<table width="85%" cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";border: 2px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;padding: 0.4em;background-color: #FFFFFF" ><tr><td style="padding:6px" ><b>Worksheet Formulas</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" width="100%" rules="all" style="border: 1px solid;text-align:center;background-color: #FFFFFF;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #A6AAB6"><thead><tr style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120"><th width="10px">Cell</th><th style="text-align:left;padding-left:5px;">Formula</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th width="10px" style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120"></th><td style="text-align:left">=IF(<font color="Blue">AND(<font color="Red">I2<1,OR(<font color="Green">BT2=AX2,BT2={"Paul Fisher","Darren Smith","Paul Turner"}</font>),CV2<3601</font>),"Yes","No"</font>) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></table><br />

Upvote 0
Try:

<table width="85%" cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";border: 2px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;padding: 0.4em;background-color: #FFFFFF" ><tr><td style="padding:6px" ><b>Worksheet Formulas</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" width="100%" rules="all" style="border: 1px solid;text-align:center;background-color: #FFFFFF;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #A6AAB6"><thead><tr style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120"><th width="10px">Cell</th><th style="text-align:left;padding-left:5px;">Formula</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th width="10px" style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120"></th><td style="text-align:left">=IF(<font color="Blue">AND(<font color="Red">I2<1,OR(<font color="Green">BT2=AX2,BT2={"Paul Fisher","Darren Smith","Paul Turner"}</font>),CV2<3601</font>),"Yes","No"</font>) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></table><br />

This one doesnt work.... if the name is the same it says no when it should say yes.

Upvote 0
Try:

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 2px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.4em; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 0.4em; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.4em; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: black 2px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black 2px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0.4em" rules=all cellPadding=2 width="85%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px">Worksheet Formulas<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #a6aab6 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: #a6aab6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: #a6aab6 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #a6aab6 1px solid" rules=all cellPadding=2 width="100%"><THEAD><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0; COLOR: #161120"><TH width=10>Cell</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Formula</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0; COLOR: #161120" width=10></TH><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">=IF(AND(I2<1,OR(BT2=AX2,BT2={"Paul Fisher","Darren Smith","Paul Turner"}),CV2<3601),"Yes","No") </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Works fine for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back