Formula Help

jahaynes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to get the sum expenses on 25 sheets with specific data in a certain column. so say all 25 sheets have the data in column D that I want a total of and look for anything in column C that contains "7605". These numbers in column C could be from 760500-760599. Is it possible to do this? I have tried these formulas and they return 0, but the total should be 55,025.81

=SUMIFS(Atlanta!D:D,Atlanta!$C:$C,"*"&C2&"*")
=SUMIFS(Atlanta!D:D,Atlanta!C:C,"<="&C2,Atlanta!C:C,">="&C2)

this is just trying to get the formula to work with one sheet before trying to add the other 24 to the range.

Can this be done?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Why do you need to do that if all numbers are between those limits?
Did you try what I suggested?
This worked for one sheet but doesn’t work for multiple. I just can’t seem to get any of them to work looking for this data on multiple sheets.

Upvote 0
Thank you!!!! That worked!!!
Take that back it worked for on sheet but not working across multiple

1715870106769.png

Upvote 0
Why do you need to do that if all numbers are between those limits?
Did you try what I suggested?
This worked with one sheet, but did not work with the multiple sheets. I just tried the other that was suggested and that did not work either.

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=let(a,vstack(atlanta:washington!C2:D10000),filter(index(a,,2),left(index(a,,1),4)="7605"))

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=let(a,vstack(atlanta:washington!C2:D10000),filter(index(a,,2),left(index(a,,1),4)="7605"))
That worked, but didn't put the total in one cell. Is there something that will total the column D? I am sorry, I just know basic formulas in excel and this one is stumping me

Upvote 0
Forgot to add the sum
Excel Formula:
=let(a,vstack(atlanta:washington!C2:D10000),sum(filter(index(a,,2),left(index(a,,1),4)="7605")))

Upvote 0
Solution
=let(a,vstack(atlanta:washington!C2:D10000),sum(filter(index(a,,2),left(index(a,,1),4)="7605")))
YES! That worked. Now one more question and hopefully this is the last. If I have to copy this formula to capture the data in columns E through P, how would I do that? I don't know what all of the parts of this formula mean, so I don't know what to change to get the totals for each of the columns.

Upvote 0
I jus
YES! That worked. Now one more question and hopefully this is the last. If I have to copy this formula to capture the data in columns E through P, how would I do that? I don't know what all of the parts of this formula mean, so I don't know what to change to get the totals for each of the columns.
I figured it out, but now I am running into another issue. I am working through it to see if I can figure out what is wrong with it. Could you possibly explain this formula to me so I can use if for reference in the future?

Upvote 0
Please do not mark your post as a solution, you need to mark the post that contains the actual solution. I have changed it for you this time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back