Formula not calculating if blank cells

SaraWitch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello peeps,

I am at an impasse with this and am hoping someone can help.

I have a formula that is based on multiple cells. This is working if there is a value in every relevant cell. However, I need it to work even if there are blanks. I have replicated in a test and this is working fine - just not the formula in the main area of the worksheet.

It would be too lengthy to list the issue details here (and besides, on paper, it works!), so, I have attached a link to the actual spreadsheet.

EA Placements Manager

The problem is on worksheet 'EA Placements' and the column in which the formula is not behaving is GY (from row 8). I have laid out a test on columns GX - HK, row 1.

Fresh eyes and any help would be very much appreciated :)

What is the actual calculation that needs to be done?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
"HB Amount Awarded" (weekly figure) plus the "HB Fuel Deduction" (weekly figure) divided by 7 (to get a daily rate) multiplied by the "No. of nights in fiscal year". To be done for multiple claims across columns (I had updated the column letters by the way (just hadn't included it in my amended code)).

Hope this makes sense...

Upvote 0
Ok, try
Excel Formula:
=LET(f,WRAPROWS(FILTER(DC8:FE8,($DC$6:$FE$6="HB Amount Awarded")+($DC$6:$FE$6="HB Fuel Deduction")+($DC$6:$FE$6="No. of nights in fiscal year")),3),ff,IF(f="",0,f),SUMPRODUCT((TAKE(ff,,1)+TAKE(ff,,2))/7,TAKE(ff,,-1)))

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=LET(f,WRAPROWS(FILTER(HK8:NN8,($HK$6:$NN$6="HB Amount Awarded")+($HK$6:$NN$6="HB Fuel Deduction")+($HK$6:$NN$6="No. of fiscal year nights")),3),ff,IF(f="",0,f),SUMPRODUCT((TAKE(ff,,1)+INDEX(ff,,2))/7,TAKE(ff,,-1)))

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back