Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Hoping someone may have some ideas to troubleshoot this formula.

File is uploaded to my One Drive.

The premise of the issue is checking accounting transaction data on the Transaction Data worksheet has an order number present in Column R and the value in Column F is match to Column D on Forms Summary worksheet, then compares the Order Number in Column I and returns a response based on that comparison. The response is in Column K of Transaction Data worksheet.

Column R will always have the data presented as 'ORD XXXXX". It is always a five digit number with a space after the letter D. On the Forms Summary page we do not type the 'ORD " in, hence the formula was created to work around this.

The blue cell range on the Transaction data worksheet demonstrates the formula in action working correctly for each different outcome.

On Rows 9 to 14 I have replicated an issue I am having where there is a natch of data I am expecting to have an outcome of "Needs ON" in K9:K14 but only K9 is returning the expected response and K10 to K14 are returning an empty cell.

This is a file I have for work in Excel 2016 which I cannot share due to commercial sensitivity so have to replicate it on my own computer using Excel 365. I cannot re-create the error, it works fine for me in the attached data.

Cell referencing is all correct for each row. I have checked formatting and of course the data entry in the cells the formula pulls from to try and find a fault as to why it will work on one row of data but not the rows underneath it.

If anyone has any ideas on revisions of the formula to try or things to look at in the original document, I'm all ears.

Cheers and thank you. :)

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Wehn I downloaded the workbook cells K10:K14 did populate wiht "Needs ON" so I don't know what you have that isn't in what I downloaded.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back