Formula or Cond. Format for Multiple And/Or Criteria

Jacked0528

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Afternoon All,

Looking to create a single output cell that's looking at two input cells based on their criteria.

For instance, cell AT9 contains a dropdown list (Tightened, Normal, Reduced)
Cell AT12 contains a # (1 to 200+)

In cell AR14 I'd like it to look for the following criteria and I'm not sure how to get it to do it:
If AT9 = Tightened and AT12=<5..."No", >5..."Yes"
If AT9 = Normal and AT12=<10..."No", >10..."Yes"

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
how about
=IF( OR( AND(AT9 = "Tightened", AT12<=5), AND(AT9 = "Normal",AT12<=10) ), "No","Yes")

Upvote 0
When I apply that, it works flawlessly for the "Normal" testing (i.e., anything with Normal and less than 10 is No and greater than is Yes). But when I change Normal to Tightened everything is Yes no matter when number I apply to AT12.

Upvote 0
When I apply that, it works flawlessly for the "Normal" testing (i.e., anything with Normal and less than 10 is No and greater than is Yes). But when I change Normal to Tightened everything is Yes no matter when number I apply to AT12.
Did you try re-typing the formula yourself, or did you use Copy/Paste?
Try using Copy Paste.

If I put "Tightened" in cell AT9 and 4 in cell AT12, the formula returns "No" as expected.

If it is still not working for you, tell us your exact values in AT9 and At12 in your example that are returng "Yes" when they should be returning "No".

Upvote 0
You're right, I must have typed something wrong when I re-typed it. Copy/Paste took care of that.

Second question, if my AT9 has a third dropdown option for "Reduced", is there a way to get AT14 to say N/A?

Upvote 0
=IF( OR( AND(AT9 = "Tightened", AT12<=5), AND(AT9 = "Normal",AT12<=10) ), "No","Yes")
change to

=IF(AT9="Reduced", "N/A", IF( OR( AND(AT9 = "Tightened", AT12<=5), AND(AT9 = "Normal",AT12<=10) ), "No","Yes"))

Upvote 0
Solution
you are welcome

if you want an error type #N/A rather then the text "N/A"
change to
=IF(AT9="Reduced", NA(), IF( OR( AND(AT9 = "Tightened", AT12<=5), AND(AT9 = "Normal",AT12<=10) ), "No","Yes"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back