Christopherc2371

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Web
I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now and can't come up with a workable solution. I've searched for weeks trying to find an answer but I'm officially stumped. Any help would be huge!

Situation: I have a list of names with a start and an end date for performance reports as shown below. I'm trying to make this excel workbook tell me if the end date and the start date for different rows are the same or if they create a gap or overlap for the same people. I've tried conditional formatting, formulas, and any number of VBA solutions but I can't figure it out.

1. Smith end date to 3 Smith start dtae creates a gap.
2. John end date to 4 John start date creates a overlap
5. Doe start date to 5 Doe end date misses a 6/1/22 report

I'm also trying to get it to tell me if I miss a report in the middle based on report hierarchy and date. If that's a step too deep and it's not possible, I'll accept defeat and keep running.

Thank you to all that read this and all suggestions are welcome!

1662169145570.png

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I would recommend that you provide the sample data and the expected results (manually entered) with XL2BB so that users can see exactly what result & layout you are after and can copy your sample data for testing (unable to copy from a picture).

Make sure that you provide enough sample data to demonstrate all the different results that might occur.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I would recommend that you provide the sample data and the expected results (manually entered) with XL2BB so that users can see exactly what result & layout you are after and can copy your sample data for testing (unable to copy from a picture).

Make sure that you provide enough sample data to demonstrate all the different results that might occur.
My apologies, I've never posted before. I'll install and repost! Thank you

Upvote 0
FITREP Tracker.xlsx
ABCDEF
1NumberRankNameStart DateEnd DateReport
21SgtSmith, Bobby M.1/1/226/1/22Transfer
32SSgtJohn, Theodore1/1/227/2/22Transfer
43SgtSmith, Bobby M.6/5/2212/31/22Annual
54SSgtJohn, Theodore6/5/2212/31/22Annual
65GySgtDoe, Charles4/1/2212/31/22Promotion
81Smith, Bobby M.1/1/226/1/22Transfer
93Smith, Bobby M.6/5/2212/31/22Annual
102John, Theodore1/1/227/2/22Transfer
114John, Theodore6/5/2212/31/22Annual
13Required Reports
143/31/22Sgt Annual
1512/31/22SSgt Annual
166/30/22GySgt Annual
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Report 1 for Sgt Smith and report 3 for Sgt Smith create a date gap between the end of report 1 and the start of report 2.
Report 2 for SSgt John and report 4 for SSgt John create an overlap between the end of report 2 and the start of report 4.
Report 5 for GySgt Doe skipped the required annual required report for 6/30/22 between the 4/1/22 start and 12/31/22 end date.

Any way to highlight, format, or announce them in a separate cell as a date gap, date overlap, or a missed report is my goal. A separate cell with a formula that lists the error or validation check failed would be perfect. Any suggestions would be great!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back