3. 2016
  4. 2013
  5. 2011
  6. 2010
  7. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Looking for 1 more resolution.

I want a formula looks like below result.

Formula Result =
Kashif (1-Wed-Late-9.00 " Domestic Issue ") * (2-Thu-Absent " Exam ") * (8-Wed-Absent " Exam ") * (14-Tue-Leave " Health Issue ") * (20-Mon-Late-10.00 " Traffic ") * (27-Mon-Leave " Health Issue ") * (29-Wed-Late-11.00 " Traffic ") End

1593627496248.png

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Larry Haydn

This isn't time it is numeric value such as 1.23, 2.3

but i consider them as time.

Upvote 0
Sir these are numbers but i am considering as time.

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight, you want to see this as a text string in a single cell based on the contents of C3:E33?
Kashif (1-Wed-Late-9.00 " Domestic Issue ") * (2-Thu-Absent " Exam ") * (8-Wed-Absent " Exam ") * (14-Tue-Leave " Health Issue ") * (20-Mon-Late-10.00 " Traffic ") * (27-Mon-Leave " Health Issue ") * (29-Wed-Late-11.00 " Traffic ") End
In terms of possibility and practicality I believe that it falls somewhere between shooting the moon with a water pistol and teaching a goldfish to play a piano.

Noting that your account profile lists almost every version of excel yet your screen capture appears to be google sheets, you are making it impossible for people to help you.

Upvote 0
I am using Excel 2016 and also google sheets. i have tried to change the Excel versions list mentioned in my profile but do not know how.

If it is possible for you to make formula for single cell then i will prolong it to till end.

If TEXT values cannot be figured then please suggest me something other.

before i was using this formula

=TRIM("Late Comers, "&" "&C3&", "&G3&", "&K3&", "&O3&", "&S3&", "&W3&", "&AA3&", "&AE3&", "&AI3&", "&AM3&", "&AQ3&", "&AU3&", "&AY3&", "&BC3&", "&BG3&", "&BK3&", "&BO3&", "&BS3&", "&BW3&"")

Upvote 0
before i was using this formula that was created to get result at the end of the row.

and now changed the sheet pattern and want the perfect formula at the end of the columns.

Upvote 0
Please look at the example that i have made

=C1&"=> "&IF(C3<>TEXT(C3,"H:MM AM/PM"),"Late - ")&IF(OR(C3<>"",D3<>""),TEXT(A3,"MM/DD/YY - "))&IF(OR(C3<>"",D3<>""),TEXT(TODAY(),"DDDD - ")&IF(E3<>"",E3))

just need to add the L=Leave and A=Absent in the formula.

I have changed the format and working perfectly please prolong it till the end of the row.

1593689179875.png

but when i erase the data it becomes like this

1593689355653.png

Upvote 0
i have tried to change the Excel versions list mentioned in my profile but do not know how.
Click on your user name at the top right of the page, then 'Account Details'. Scroll down and change the checkboxes to show the correct versions, then save changes at the bottom.

If you need solutions that will work in google sheets then it would be better if you post your questions in the 'other applications' section of the forum rather than the excel questions section.

Other helpers may think differently but I don't see that what you want will be possible with a formula that will work with 2016 / google sheets other than extending your existing formula to cover the whole range which you will need to do for each cell, not as an array. To prevent FALSE from showing you need to enter "" into the FALSE arguments of your IF functions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back