2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
I am really struggling with this and while its just the first part it technically controls everything else.

Say I have 18 (I've only shown 12) rows and the data represented in these rows are dependant on a table (for want of a better word) The table contains 4 pieces of information which will determine the data reported on a different sheet. The information is Date (1-Apr-2024) then a Recurrence Value (in this example it is 2). Next I have Weekday (I haven't figured out how I need this at the moment but I only want weekdays reported). Finally I have 3rd value Recurrence as every 5 rows I want the row above to be shown 3 times.

Now to complicate this further the table I want to be able to change the initial recurrence value from 1 - 5, and the 5th row recurrence to be the initial recurrence plus 1.

Here is a sample of what it should look like.

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2B2=Tables!C3
B3,B5,B7:B8,B10,B12:B13B3=B2
B4B4=Tables!C3+1
B6B6=B4+1
B9,B11B9=B8+1

Here is the tables page so you can see what I have set there

Draft of Master.xlsx
ABCD
2Table 1 - Date
3Start Date01-Apr-24
4Recurrance2
5Weekday1
65th Row Recurrance3
Tables
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C5C5=WEEKDAY($C$3,2)
C6C6=C4+1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that this spreadsheet is going to be really formula intensive so I am looking to try and reduce the redundancy and find the most effect solutions for what I am wanting to achieve.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Can you tell us what you want to see? Why are there blanks in A7 and A13?
what do you want to see when you select a recurrence of 4?
Are you trying to build a column with repeating dates (a specified number of times) that excludes weekends?

Upvote 0
Can you tell us what you want to see? Why are there blanks in A7 and A13?
what do you want to see when you select a recurrence of 4?
Are you trying to build a column with repeating dates (a specified number of times) that excludes weekends?
I suppose in simplest form yes I am wanting repeating dates that excludes weekends based on the repeat value.

So the concept is I want to be able to produce a data set that is broken into 5. Each 1 - 5 is a transaction and for forecasting purposes a day may only have 1 transaction or it will have up to 5 transactions. So every 6th row is a total and other assortments of calculations of the above 5 rows.

This is for a financial sheet and the 5 rows are grouped together so we know if we take a proportion of profit after 5 transactions or we have to wait for the next 5 to complete.

Since it’s midnight here I can take a screenshot that’s not to big to upload showing the bigger version of the sheet or if it’s too big I will use Dropbox or Google Drive to share the file in the morning.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back