Formula to identify errors

yellowcabguy

I have a pivot table that has a Column L with a total in it

Columns B thru K can have numbers in them or be blank

If things are correct then only one colum in the B thru K string should have a number in it and it should equal the number in Column L

IF Columns B thru K have an number not eqaul to the number in Column L then I have a data error

IS there a formula I can apply to the pivot table to highlight all those rows where I have a data error

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

scottylad2

The pivot table will show you whats there, not whats caused an error. I'd guess you need an if formula, with the final argument showing as error, prior to it being selected for your pivot. Or conditional format with your conditions and colour highlight it

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranjeet yamgekar

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...