formula vs conditional

Shirley1966

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spread sheet in excel and wanting to change currency in another column based on a selection in another column. see below.
1634820379276.png

If I select from column D I want it to change column F & G to wither pounds or Euros. I have multiple entries.

Please can someone assist.

I tried the conditional formatting but it does not want to work for the rows below.

Regards
Shirley

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I tried the conditional formatting but it does not want to work for the rows below.
If it works on 1 row then it should work on the rest. It is not automatically applied to everything, you would need to adjust the 'Applies to' range in order to include the rows below.

Additionally, any formula used as a rule would need to be set with a relative row, meaning no $ symbol between the row and column.

Upvote 0
If it works on 1 row then it should work on the rest. It is not automatically applied to everything, you would need to adjust the 'Applies to' range in order to include the rows below.

Additionally, any formula used as a rule would need to be set with a relative row, meaning no $ symbol between the row and column.
How do yo adjust the Applies to for the rows below - if you can assist with this - much appreciated.

Upvote 0
How do yo adjust the Applies to for the rows below - if you can assist with this - much appreciated.
Select the whole range you want to apply it to first, then enter your Conditional Formatting formula, as it applies to the very first row in your selection, and select your desired formatting option.
Provided you write the formula with the correct relative/absolute range references (as jason mentioned), it will automatically adjust it for all the other cells in your selection.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back