formulas change

thmehr

Hi,
I have sheet 1 that displays mortgage rates. I have sheet 2 that I copy my weekly rates too and sheet 1 gets filled in the updated rate. So it suppose to do that. I post new rates each week, by inserting a new column, and past the paste the rates. My issue is, the formals on sheet 1 change with insertion of the column on sheet 2. I have $ on the cell column and line numbers, but that is not preventing excel from advancing the column formula for cell c to cell d. I need to stop excel from advance the formula. How do I do that? Oh, my rate table is not listed as a table. It is just a blank sheet with data. I hope this makes sense.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi,
I have sheet 1 that displays mortgage rates. I have sheet 2 that I copy my weekly rates too and sheet 1 gets filled in the updated rate. So it suppose to do that. I post new rates each week, by inserting a new column, and past the paste the rates. My issue is, the formals on sheet 1 change with insertion of the column on sheet 2. I have $ on the cell column and line numbers, but that is not preventing excel from advancing the column formula for cell c to cell d. I need to stop excel from advance the formula. How do I do that? Oh, my rate table is not listed as a table. It is just a blank sheet with data. I hope this makes sense.
Sorry, bad proof reading.
I have sheet 1 that displays mortgage rates. I have sheet 2 that I copy my weekly rates too and sheet 1 gets updated with the new rates. So, it supposed to do that. I post new rates each week to sheet 2, by inserting a new column. I insert on column C on sheet 2. My issue is, the formals on sheet 1 change with insertion of the column on sheet 2. I have $ on the cell column and line numbers of the formula, but that is not preventing excel from advancing the column formula for cell c to cell d. I need to stop excel from advance the formula or the column reference. How do I do that? Oh, my rate table is not listed as a table. It is just a blank sheet with data. I hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0
Sorry, bad proof reading.
I have sheet 1 that displays mortgage rates. I have sheet 2 that I copy my weekly rates too and sheet 1 gets updated with the new rates. So, it supposed to do that. I post new rates each week to sheet 2, by inserting a new column. I insert on column C on sheet 2. My issue is, the formals on sheet 1 change with insertion of the column on sheet 2. I have $ on the cell column and line numbers of the formula, but that is not preventing excel from advancing the column formula for cell c to cell d. I need to stop excel from advance the formula or the column reference. How do I do that? Oh, my rate table is not listed as a table. It is just a blank sheet with data. I hope this makes sense.
You can use =INDIRECT() to get around the shift. Perhaps something like this:

Excel Formula:
=INDIRECT("Sheet2!C"&ROW())

Sheet 1:
Book1
C
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:C6C2=INDIRECT("Sheet2!C"&ROW())

Sheet 2:
Book1
CD
Sheet2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back